30 May CASE STUDY: A shopping mall went from a slow start online to 24 month of steady growth (INTERVIEW INCLUDED)
About Storcenter Nord
Merete Lauridsen, Marketing Manager.
One thing is what we say about Storcenter Nord another thing is what they say about us. Before we start let us see what the shopping malls marketing manager have to say about their journey online so far.
We have talked to Merete Lauridsen, Marketing Manager, to get a few comments on how they have experienced the collaboration between Emplate and Storcenter Nord.
What is your experience collaborating with Emplate?
It has been very good working with Emplate. It is always easy to get in touch and get feedback on whatever problem or question we might have.
What did you find out worked for your marketing strategy?
We found out that our costumers reacted positively to the bonus program. First we thought that they would respond to news regarding the mall and good offers but soon we found that what really got people to download the app was the prizes in the bonusprogram. And then after the download they would use the information about the mall and offers from the stores. But what caught their attention was the bonusprogram.
How has it been working with the Emplate System?
It was a big challenge getting started with the system. It toke some time to find out how to use it right. It was hard to find out what kind of messages and prizes that the costumers responded to and what kind of collaboration that our tenants where interested in and capable of. It was all new to us and we had to learn from day one and got of experience to find out what solutions and strategies were the best.
What are your expectations for the future according to Emplate app?
We will be working in the same way we do now. Maybe we have reached our full potential of number of downloads and therefore it is important for us to focus on how to activate and reactive existing users and keep a nice and attractive bonusprogram.
We did not get the results we planned for in the beginning
As seen here above the results in the first three months of using Emplate was not what the shopping mall hoped for.
But over time the monthly growth rates increase and stabilised.
And over 24 month the growth for the shopping mall have been great. But it was not without effort.
The data don’t tell the full story
- Continuous reactivating campaigns has resulted in a ongoing increase in influenced mall visits meaning that 86.069 visits can be tracked back to the usage of the app.
- Focusing on activating existing users has also led to a steady number of monthly active users having approximately between 3000-4000 active users a month.
Strategic marketing plan
- Storcenter Nord has pointed out one person responsible for reaching the goals set for the marketing which has resulted in new ideas generated and continuous focus on the strategy. This is also one of our key recommendations.
- Storcenter Nord has continuously tested marketing materials and effects of social media to find out what activities works the best.
- As a result of the tests they have had an extra focus on a targeted bonus program with new prizes every month which resulted in activating existing users.
- It is necessary to corporate with the tenants to maintain a functioning bonus program. Storcenter Nord has been particularly good at engaging tenants resulting in relevant prizes which has led to 8923 bonus prize redemptions the last 12 months.
Goals and strategy – How did Storcenter Nord start increasing users?
We know that the number of downloads are important and it might seem like the obvious focus point but it is important to focus on the activity on app too as this is where the most value come from.