Last updated May 3rd, 2023
Please read this privacy notice thoroughly before using our service.
Søren Frichs Vej 42Q
Tel.: +45 28685705
Business reg. no. 36031034
This privacy notice is a legally binding agreement between you (“User”, “you”, “data subject” or “your”) and Emplate ApS (“Emplate'', “datacontroller”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a business or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to this agreement, in which case the terms “User”, “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity.
Emplate takes privacy very seriously, hence we will protect your information and respect your privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect, process, store and protect your personal information and what rights you have.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we will only process and store your data based on your consent cf. article 6(1)(a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016.
We may also use other types of legal basis for processing your personal data:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, cf. the GDPR, article 6(1)(b)
- The processing is necessary in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, cf. the GDPR, article 6(1)(b)
- The processing is necessary for compliance with applicable legislation, cf. the GDPR, article 6(1)(c)
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests where such interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, cf. the GDPR, article 6(1)(f). The legitimate interest is to improve and further develop the services for the benefit of you and other users.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website. If you withdraw your consent we will delete or anonymize your personal data, unless we have another lawful basis for continual processing other than consent.
If you wish to limit or decline the cookies placed on your computer when visiting our website you can do so at any time by changing your browser settings. However, you should be aware that if you decline or reject certain cookies it can impact the functionality of the website to a certain extent. This means that there are a few features on the website that you will not be able to see.
Remember to delete the cookies in all browsers, if you use several different browsers.
When you use our website we collect the following personal data through cookies:
- Your behavior (e.g. How often you visit our website, page views etc.)
- Main countryReferral media
- Device type (the kind of device you use to access our website)
- Browser details (what browser you are using and what version)
- What you choose to fill out yourself such as name, company, mail adresse, phone number etc. These will be necessary for us to be able to exercise follow up inquiries from you.
To collect cookies we use Cookietractor.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient. This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
If you choose to register on our website or through LinkedIn we might also use the data collected to contact you directly, if we believe our services could be of interest to you.
Furthermore, we might send you automated emails regarding our service. By clicking on a link on the email you receive, we’ll associate your website behavior with your email address. If you don’t want to receive emails from us, you can always unsubscribe through the email.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal data we collect about you is processed for the following purposes:
- To deliver products or services to a user, customer or member.
- To provide service messages and information to users, customers or members.
- To store personal data to comply with applicable legislation requirements such as bookkeeping acts.
- To give support and service messages, including answering questions and complaints and sending updates about our products and services.
- To send direct marketing to users, customers or members.
-To send newsletters on e-mail.
- To prevent fraudulent behavior or misuse of our products, services and website, including the processing of personal data for the purpose of legal actions.
- To improve our products, services or website.
- To facilitate a sales process.
Protecting your privacy and your personal data is our priority. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures against personal data being accidentally or illegally destroyed, lost, changed or degraded, as well as against unauthorized access or misuse.
Only employees who have a need to access your personal data to perform their work have access to the information about your person. These employees are instructed in how to handle personal data properly.
Your information is securely stored with our data processors in and outside the EU. We have concluded an agreement with each contractual processor of your personal data pursuant to the terms of Article 28 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the processing of personal data. The contractual processors undertake in the relevant agreement to comply with at least the same general technical and organizational measures for data protection as guaranteed by Emplate and are authorized to process your personal data only in accordance with the provisions of the General Terms of Processing of Personal Data, only on the basis of the instructions of Emplate. We share your data with public authorities, if we are obliged to do so by EU or national law.
We also share the personal data with data processors outside the EU. We transfer the personal data based on the standard contractual clauses for data transfers between EU and non-EU countries as approved by the European Commission (SCC).
You should be aware that our website interacts in different ways with third parties such as Google, Active Campaign, Linkedin, Dreamdata, Ortto and Hotjar on our website.
Emplate is solely responsible for the processing of personal data that we collect ourselves. We have our own profiles / user accounts on various social media and if you visit or use our profiles, we will be responsible for the processing of the personal information we access by being an account administrator, and which we process for our own purposes. The Third parties we interact with all have their own guidelines for their processing of your personal data.
Below you'll find the privacy policies for each third party:
The retention period of how long the data will be stored is in most cases for when there is no longer a purpose for keeping the data. The storage of anonymized information is not subject to such restrictions or requirements. If you withdraw your consent, we will erase or anonymize your personal data, unless we have another legal basis for retaining your personal data.
Moreover, we continually erase, minimize and keep your personal data up to date, so we always have only just enough for the purposes we use the personal data for.
Under data protection law, you have rights cf. section 3 (Rectification and erasure) and article 15 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, including:
- Your right of access (Article 15) - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification (Article 16) - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure (Article 17) - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing (Article 18) - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing (Article 19) - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability (Article 20) - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If the request is of complicated character, the response time may be extended by two additional months in which case you must be notified of the reason for the extension.
Please send us requests regarding your data protection rights using the support request features in the app or by emailing us at email@example.com.
You can read more about our procedure for handling your data protection rights here; Procedure for handling data subject rights.
Emplate must answer a request or an objection without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.
That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We will inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of your request, together with the reasons for the delay.
While Emplate processes a request you have the right to demand we restrict our processing of your personal data. When processing is restricted, Emplate can store your personal data, but we cannot use it. The right to restrict our use does not apply to all types of personal data. The right to restrict only applies to personal data we are processing based on our legitimate interest. If we process your personal data based on your consent, the right to restrict does not apply. If the right to restriction does apply, in some cases we may lift the restriction. If we do, we will notify you.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
We urge you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you complain. We will try to assist you the best way possible.
Contact details of the Danish National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information:
The Danish Data Protection Agency
Borgergade 28, 5.
Tel. +45 33 19 32 00
In accordance with the GDPR principles and Cookie regulation, these General Terms and conditions for the processing of personal data, as well as general and technical measures for the protection of personal data and other internal mechanisms, are regularly updated to make sure we stay compliant with the legislation in force at all times.
Any changes to these General Terms of Processing of Personal Data will become effective upon the publication of the updated General Terms of Processing of Personal Data through the Services. If we make changes that we consider to be essential and require your consent to be granted in accordance with applicable law, we will inform you through the Services and, if necessary, request your consent.